Plan an Event
The Thompson Alumni Center (TAC) is available to the general public—not just UNO alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
For more information or to schedule a tour, contact the TAC Director, Steven, at 402.554.3368 or via email email@example.com.Weddings
UNO Student Groups
Here are a few tips on how to make sure planning your wedding is as stress-fee as possible.
Understand your catering budget—it is the largest expense of most weddings. Catering Creations can help!
- Start booking your vendors early. The longer you wait, the fewer choices you will have.
- Most couples will need a DJ, Florist, Cake Purveyor and Photographer to start. See our list of trusted partners.
- Talk with your wedding team to make sure there is a plan for set-up and tear down of decorations based on your contracted time.
- Read through the Thompson Alumni Center policies and list any questions you might have.
- Find a trusted person to be in charge of your ceremony. Your officiant should lead and advise.
- Make sure wedding vendors know all equipment will need to be removed at the end of your event. Encourage them to contact the Thompson Alumni Center staff for help.
- Enjoy your special day—our staff is here to make your wedding day simply wonderful!
View room pricing.
The Thompson Alumni Center (TAC) is available to the general public as well as UNO students, staff and alumni. The TAC is a 10,000 square foot non-profit event center, located at 67th and Dodge, and is dedicated to bringing the public together.
Choose from one of our flexible and adaptable meeting rooms with an incredible outdoor area including a 48-seat brick patio for breaks.
- Professional atmosphere with free Wi-Fi
- Meeting room staff available for technical assistance to last minute change
- Affordable, professional, unique meeting spaces
The Thompson Alumni Center has all of the accommodations to make your meeting a success.
View our room pricing.
Room Fees will be discounted 20% for University of Nebraska system partners.
- NU System groups (UNO, UNL, UNK, UNMC) groups receive a 20% discount on room rental with a valid cost center number. The request must include a cost center number so it can be processed if approved.
- Waivers and discounts apply only to room rental fees and do not include audiovisual equipment, administrative and event manager fees, catering or other miscellaneous fees. Income from rental at the TAC supports UNO campus programs and UNO Alumni Association engagement efforts.
- Your event will be reviewed to make sure it fits TAC guidelines for time and space. Once the event has been approved you will receive confirmation of your reservation.
- Please allow two (2) working days to receive confirmation of your reservation before contacting TAC.
- An event manger fee of $35 per hour is charged in hourly increments for access and event times outside normal business hours.
- Discounted room rental is only valid for NU System groups Monday, 8 A.M. to Friday at 3 P.M.
- Any additional charges incurred after the initial confirmation is signed will be applied to the cost center number at the time of invoicing.
Contact TAC Reservations at 402.554.2444 or email Joni at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a form.
Food and Beverages
All food and beverage is provided by Catering Creations only. Catering Creations UNO menus are available from TAC reservations.
Alcohol is allowed when provided by Catering Creations and served by Catering Creations bartenders in compliance with the laws of the State of Nebraska and Douglas County. Alcohol will not be served to anyone without valid identification.
At the discretion of TAC director, security may be required for public events. The fee for security if needed is $50.00 per hour for each security guard.
Guests attending meetings at the TAC may park in UNO Lot X. Overflow parking is available in Lot F or G and First Christian Church lot on the north side of Dodge St. across from the TAC.
All vehicles are required to display a Thompson Alumni Center Center event parking E-permit on the dashboard at all times when in these lots with the exception of Friday after 5 P.M. and all day Saturday and Sunday. This includes Handicapped and Visitor stalls.
Vehicles parked in these lots without a valid parking E-permit may receive a parking fine. An E-permit is provided in advance to the event organizer via email. It is the event organizer’s responsibility to provide the parking E-permit to all attendees.
The TAC is not responsible for tickets issued by UNO Parking Services. It is the responsibility of the parking ticket recipient to resolve any parking issues related to failure to follow stated UNO parking regulations.
We take great pride in being a UNO community resource. Please complete and return a UNO Room Reservation Request for each event.
The request must include a cost center number so it can be processed if approved. UNO groups receive waived room rental with a valid UNO cost center number, Monday, 8 A.M. to Friday, 3 P.M.
Waivers and discounts apply only to room rental fees and do not include audiovisual equipment, administrative and event manager fees, catering or other miscellaneous fees. All income at the Thompson Alumni Center (TAC) supports UNO campus programs and UNO Alumni Association engagement efforts.
Your event will be reviewed to make sure it fits the Thompson Alumni Center UNO guidelines for time and space. Once the event has been approved, you will receive confirmation of your reservation.
Please allow two (2) working days to receive confirmation of your reservation before contacting the TAC Staff.
There could be changes to your reservation based on room requirements, estimated attendance verses actual attendance, and requested additional audiovisual needs. An event manger fee of $35 per hour is charged in hourly increments for access and event times outside normal business hours.
Normal Business Hours
Monday through Thursday: 8 A.M. to 5 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. to 3 P.M.
Any additional charges incurred after the initial confirmation is signed will be applied to the cost center number at the time of invoicing.
The organization reserving a space at The Thompson Alumni Center must be the same organization paying for and using the space for the originally stated purpose with the designated rate fee.
Hosting for another organization to obtain a lower rental rate is not permitted.
Designated spaces, rooms and times are available for appropriate use by University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) approved organizations and departments, and by corporations, businesses, associations, nonprofit organizations and private groups not affiliated with UNO or the University of Nebraska system. The client representative of any university or private organization must acknowledge that they are the actual end user of the space and time provided in accordance with the price and amenities offered.
All UNO entities who receive complementary room rentals must follow the transparency clause of the Thompson Alumni Center Policies and have a valid cost center number provided ahead of the event.
UNO Student Organization Rental Policies
- Room rental is waived for campus related events for UNO student organizations in good standing with the university as approved by the Student Organizations and Leadership Programs Office.
- Waivers and discounts apply only to room rental fees and do not include audiovisual equipment, administrative and event manager fees, catering or other miscellaneous fees.
- If there are additional fees, we require a deposit equal to half the total event cost. All reservations are held on a tentative basis until the deposit is received. The deposit is due 14 days after the signed contract. The remaining balance is due no later than seven (7) days prior to the meeting date.
- Space use is determined by the TAC Director for approved UNO meetings based on availability, attendance, AV/catering needs and seating style. Room assignments are subject to change by the Director without prior approval based on business needs and final attendance.
- Though a good faith effort is made to meet requests, the TAC Director’s discretion is used in determining the best fit for any given event. Due to the volume of requests, there is no guarantee that every request will be granted. Space is reserved on a first-come first-served basis.
- Waived room rentals after 3 P.M. on Friday and during weekend hours will not be honored. Student organizations wishing to rent the TAC after 3 P.M. Friday and during weekend hours must pay full rental rates and will receive a 10% discount on room rental only.
- A Room Request form must be completed and submitted to TAC reservations to book space. No reservation is held until the form is received. The room request form must be signed by the president of the student organization as on file at the Office of Student Organizations and Leadership Programs. The sponsoring organization is responsible for requesting the specific set-up needs of the event.
- An event manager fee of $35 per hour is charged in hourly increments for access and event times outside the TAC normal business hours of 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. Monday through Thursday and 8 A.M. to 3 P.M. Friday.