SAM Registration for Grants
The System for Award Management (SAM) is an official website of the U.S. government. You must have an active registration in SAM to do business with the Federal Government. There is no cost to use SAM
Registration in SAM is a requirement for applying for the SBA Shuttered Venue Operators Grant including over $16 billion to be administered by SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance. Applications open Thursday, April 8, 2021.
- Tip: If you are registering in SAM.gov so you can apply for a Federal financial assistance opportunity on Grants.gov, and are not interested in pursuing Federal contracts, you will have a much shorter registration path.
- Tip: Allow up to 12-15 business days after you submit SAM application before your registration is active in SAM, then an additional 24 hours for Grants.gov to recognize your information.
What You Will Need to Gather
- DUNS Number: If you already have a DUNS number or need to apply for a free DUNS number go to fedgov.dnb.com/webform/ or call 1.866.705.5711 Takes 1-2 days
- TIN/EIN: Sole proprieters may use Social Security number
Bank Account Number:
Bank Routing Number:
Bank Phone Number:
- All non-Federal entities must submit a signed notarized letter to the Federal Service Desk within 60 days of activation.
Steps to Register Your Company/Business/Organization (entity)