Funding & Access to Capital
New technologies—innovative, cutting-edge—have unique funding requirements. NBDC offers over 35-years of experience helping secure capital for businesses in Nebraska to develop a funding strategy that is appropriate for your technology and situation.
- Develop a funding strategy that is appropriate for your technology and situation
- Identify federal agencies with R&D interest in your technology
- Understand the SBIR/STTR application process—obtaining required registrations, reviewing and improving your proposal, communicating with agency program manager, and staying on top of deadlines
- Put your venture in front of other funding sources such as private investors, state programs and other grant opportunities
- Understand investor requirements and create an effective presentation
NBDC Provides Confidential Assistance in Three Key Areas:
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs offer federal grant opportunities to small businesses for pursuing research and research/development (R/R&D) that has potential for commercialization.
Learn more about SBIR and STTR Funding.
Equity capital or financing is money raised by a business in exchange for a share of ownership in the company. Two key sources of equity capital for new businesses are angel investors and venture capital firms. Learn more about investor funding.
State Grants for R&D
- Nebraska SBIR Phase 0 Planning Grants up to $5,000/reimbursement basis
- Nebraska SBIR Matching Grants for Phase I and Phase II up to $100,000 or 65% of federal grant/reimbursement basis
- Nebraska R& D Phase I up to $100,000, 4 to 1 match/reimbursable basis
- Nebraska R&D Phase II up to $400,000, 1 to 1 match/reimtursable basis
Traditional Loan Options
These include traditional bank loans, SBA guaranteed loans and USDA guaranteed loans.
Contact Our Expert
NBDC requests an online client application so we can get to know you and your business.
Contact Wei Jing for more information about our services or if you have questions about the form.
UNO College of Business Administration
Mammel Hall 200
6708 Pine Street
Omaha NE 68182