Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
The IBC is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of everyone at UNO and UNMC who works with biohazardous agents.
Some of the major responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and approving recombinant DNA research projects to ensure compliance with NIH guidelines
- Notifying principal investigators of the results of our reviews and approvals
- Drafting campus biosafety policies and procedures, including creation of emergency plans in the case of accidental spills and personnel contamination
- Reporting any problems, violations, accidents or illnesses to the appropriate offices
Policies and Procedures
The IBC is committed to making the application and review process as easy as possible for you.
Below is a list of links to access information regarding the Biosafety policies and procedures:
- All Biosafety policies
- Biosafety manual
- Review the application process
- View which experiments requires IBC approval export control decision tree to determine if export control analysis is required
If you have questions or need more information, please call: 402.559.6463