UNO Library Friends
The UNO Library Friends support the library and its patrons, including students, faculty, staff, and community users, by contributing to library projects, increasing awareness and viability, and enhancing the libraries’ image.
Library Friends provide organizational and financial support for the library collections and services that are not available through public funding sources.
UNO Library Friends...
- Stimulate community awareness and use of the libraries
- Sponsor lectures, conferences, exhibits, or other public events that enrich the community’s culture
- Provide recognition for outstanding services performed by library staff members and students.
- Provide volunteer assistance to library staff
- Purchase library materials
- Cultivate financial support for UNO libraries through an annual signature event, Collections Uncorked, a wine dinner featuring an engaging program centered on great libraries and literature
Who Can Join?
Anyone may become a member of the UNO Library Friends ‒ community members, alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents, neighbors, and any other well-wishers.
By becoming a member of the UNO Library Friends, you demonstrate your support for the central role of the library in the intellectual life of the academic community, and you personally contribute to its growth.
- UNO Criss Library and KANEKO-UNO Creative Library access and borrowing privileges
- Access to on-campus use of Criss Library databases
- Announcements of events and services
- Subscription to BiblioTech, UNO Libraries’ digital newsletter
Memberships are valid for one year (exception made for Lifetime Memberships). All memberships include all benefits listed under previous levels.
|Download a membership application
UNO: Students, Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Retirees - $25
- Borrower’s card for books, CDs, and DVDs
- On-site use of library resources including databases
- Receive invitations to Friends and Library-sponsored programs, events, and lectures
- KANEKO-UNO Creative Library access & privileges
- Receive the UNO Libraries Annual Report
- Login credentials for library computers
- A second borrower’s card
- Advance announcements to Friends and Library-sponsored programs, events, and lectures
Contributor - $100
- Recognition for your contribution in the UNO Libraries Annual Report
- Digital bookplate on volume of your choice
Sponsor - $150
- UNO Libraries coffee mug
- Exclusive tour of the UNO libraries
- Advance notice of Osborne Family Gallery art exhibits and receptions
Supporter - $250
- Note cards featuring UNO Libraries’ treasures
Researcher - $500
- Copy of Nebraska poetry anthology
- Two total free tickets to UNO Library Friends’ Collections Uncorked event
Dean's Circle - $1,000+
- Use of Criss Library Garden for special events
- Copy of UNO history book
- Four total tickets to UNO Friends’ Collections Uncorked event
Chestnut Club - $2,500+
Named in honor of Inez Loretta Chestnut, the University of Omaha’s first librarian, hired in 1928.
- Six total tickets to UNO Friends’ Collections Uncorked event
- Archives and Special Collections Roadshow to
venueof your choice
Lifetime Membership - $10,000+
Onetime donation to UNO libraries.
- Lifetime book checkout privileges at UNO Libraries
- No renewal required
Hosted by the UNO Library Friends, the annual wine dinner features an engaging program centered on great libraries and literature. Interested in attending or sponsoring?
Contact Dean Dave Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org.