About IT Innovation
Why would you want to major in IT Innovation?
- If you want flexibility in designing your own curriculum.
- If you want to take more courses that are aligned with your career goals.
- If you want to be prepared to practice being an innovator and an entrepreneur (an ambitious leader who combines their ideas with labor and capital to create and market new goods or services).
- If you want to be prepared to practice being an innovator and intrapreneur (using entrepreneurial skills as an employee within an established organization).
- If you want to appeal to a wide variety of potential employers
- If you want core skills in Information Technology
The IT Innovation Degree has Four Simple but Distinguishing Features
- You pick 33 credit hours from anywhere on campus that line up with your career goals.
- You participate in seminars, workshops, and conferences on entrepreneurship.
- You take a solid core of IT courses.
- You take a 2-semester senior capstone course where YOU have an idea for a new IT product or service, YOU document the technical and market feasibility, and YOU carry it through to prototype stage
The Information Technology Innovation Group (IT Inc.) is looking for members! Meetings are held every month and feature guest speakers, interactive and educational activities and free food!
The purpose of this organization is to create an environment of growth and learning through competitions, guest speakers, and conferences as well as social interactions among Informational Technology Innovation majors and other interested parties.
We meet every first and third Friday of the month at 1:00 pm in PKI room 269.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.