Programs in IT Innovation
Why major in IT Innovation?
- To have flexibility in designing your own curriculum
- To be able to take more courses that are aligned with your career goals
- To be prepared to practice being an innovator and an entrepreneur
- To be prepared to practice being an innovator and intrapreneur
- To have a degree that appeals to a wide variety of potential employers
- To build core skills in Information Technology
|University General Education courses
(18 hours can be satisfied by courses in the required areas below)
|College of IS&T Core courses||48|
The IT Innovation Degree has Four Simple but Distinguishing Features
- You pick 33 credit hours from anywhere on campus that line up with your career goals.
- You participate in seminars, workshops, and conferences on entrepreneurship.
- You take a solid core of IT courses.
- You take a 2-semester senior capstone course where you have an idea for a new IT product or service, you document the technical and market feasibility, and you carry it through to prototype stage.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha, through the School of Interdisciplinary Informatics, established a Master's of Science degree in IT Innovation beginning in the Spring 2019 semester to meet the growing demand for entrepreneurs. Our degree is designed to help you learn the technological and entrepreneurial aspects of IT, in a truly interdisciplinary approach.
|Capstone or Thesis||6|
The objective of the IT innovation (ITIN) minor is to provide students with a substantive qualification in information technology to augment their respective major and allow them to be even more innovative as to the application of IT to their learning and career choices.
Students who have satisfied the requirements for their first baccalaureate degree other than IT Innovation at the University of Nebraska at Omaha must complete a minimum of 30 additional semester hours at the University for a second bachelor’s degree.
IT Innovation Requirements
To obtain a second Bachelor’s degree in IT Innovation, students must consult an academic advisor prior to starting this program, and complete academic requirements for the degree which include:
|College of IS&T Core courses||45|
|Area of focus||33|