About IT Innovation
Why major in IT Innovation?
- To have flexibility in designing your own curriculum
- To be able to take more courses that are aligned with your career goals
- To be prepared to be an entrepreneur (an ambitious leader who combines his/her ideas with labor and capital to create and market new goods or services)
- To be prepared to be an intrapreneur (using entrepreneurial skills as an employee within an established organization)
- To have a degree that appeals to a wide variety of potential employers
|University General Education courses
(18 hours can be satisfied by courses in the required areas below)
|College of IS&T Core courses||48|
The University of Nebraska at Omaha, through the School of Interdisciplinary Informatics, established a Master's of Science degree in IT Innovation beginning in the Spring 2019 semester to meet the growing demand for entrepreneurs. Our degree is designed to help you learn the technological and entrepreneurial aspects of IT, in a truly interdisciplinary approach.
The objective of the IT innovation (ITIN) minor is to provide students with a substantive qualification in information technology to augment their respective major and allow them to be even more innovative as to the application of IT to their learning and career choices.
Students who have satisfied the requirements for their first baccalaureate degree other than IT Innovation at the University of Nebraska at Omaha must complete a minimum of 30 additional semester hours at the University for a second bachelor’s degree.
To obtain a second Bachelor’s degree in IT Innovation, students must consult an academic advisor prior to starting this program, and complete academic requirements for the degree which include:
|College of IS&T Core courses||45|
|Area of focus||33|