Master of Science in IT Innovation
Information Technology Innovation (ITIN) is the interdisciplinary practice of conceptualizing, designing, prototyping, and fielding an IT-based product or service. It focuses both on the technological and entrepreneurial aspects of IT products. Being many-faceted by definition, IT Innovation brings together aspects of Computer Science and Management Information Systems with other disciplines that inform IT design and application such as healthcare, business, psychology, art, music, or public administration, among many others. It integrates and interfaces a diverse set of disciplines in addition to information technology. In addition, IT Innovation takes a more holistic and immersive approach to idea/product development: It focuseson the ideation, design, and development of an IT-based innovation, as well as on the entrepreneurial realization of this innovation as a profitableor sustainable product or service. There is a great demand for ITIN entrepreneurs and professionals locally, regionally, and nationally, and the MS in ITIN program was created, in part, to prepare a workforce to meet those demands, in addition to satisfying the intellectual curiosity andhoning the intellectual capacity of passionate creatives who work in and with technology.
Student Learning Outcomes for IT Innovation Graduate Program
SLO 1: The student demonstrates mastery in understanding the intertwined nature of IT and other disciplines.
SLO 2: The student applies best practices in developing new products and services.
SLO 3: The student effectively communicates new, creative ideas.
SLO 4: Effectively manage an innovation project from concept to demonstration.
SLO 5: Demonstrate an ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in the pursuit of an innovation goal.
- Complete and submit the Graduate Application for Admission form.
- Submit a detailed resume indicating your work experience and background.
- Submit a writing sample from work or previous academic experiences. Alternatively, if you do not have a writing sample, please submit a two-page double-spaced word-processed essay that addresses the following two topics:
- Discussion of two accomplishments that demonstrate your potential for success in the graduate program.
- Discussion of your unique personal qualities and life experiences that distinguish you from other applicants to our graduate program.
- One letter of recommendation from a reference who can evaluate the applicant’s work and/or academic achievements.
- Official transcripts of all college coursework. The minimum undergraduate grade point average requirement for the MS in ITIN program is 3.00 or equivalent score on a 4.00 scale. All applicants must have the equivalent of a 4-year undergraduate degree.
- International applicants who do not have a baccalaureate or equivalent degree from an English-speaking institution of higher education are required to submit a current TOEFL/IELTS score.
- The minimum TOEFL requirement for the MS in ITIN program is 550 (paper-based) / 213 (computer-based) / 80 (Internet-based).
- The minimum IELTS requirement for the MS in ITIN program is 6.5 overall.
IS&T Graduate Advising