Bachelor of Science in IT Innovation
IT Innovation (ITIN) Major Requirements
- 18 hours of College of IS&T Core
- 24 hours of ITIN Core
- 12-15 hours of ITIN Track
- 33 hours in Area of Focus (approval of Undergraduate Program Committee required prior to course enrollment)
- 3-5 hours of elective/prerequisite courses
IT Innovation Course Requirements for the current catalog can be found in the IT Innovation matriculation form based on your area of focus:
- IT Innovation - Software Development Program Form
- IT Innovation - Data Analytics & Statistics Program Form
- IT Innovation - Digital Humanities Program Form
Undergraduate course descriptions can be found on the Course Catalog.
IT Innovation Program Goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the intertwined nature of IT and other disciplines.
- Understand how innovation happens and apply best practices for developing new products & services.
- Work with external professionals, faculty & fellow students in a team environment.
- Effectively communicate new, creative ideas.
- Apply information technology to their selected interdisciplinary field to produce innovative solutions to real-world needs.
- Manage an innovative project from concept to demonstration.
General Education Requirements
See UNO’s general education website for a list of categories and approved courses.