IS&T Networks and Connectivity
The NU system has moved to a common wireless environment, which has changed the UNO Wireless Environment. For more information, please visit the link below. Activity on the wireless network is subject to the Acceptable Use Policy.
High speed Ethernet access is available at PKI in employee offices, conference rooms and classrooms. Activity on the wired network is subject to the Acceptable Use Policy.
* Important * You'll need to enroll in Two-Factor Authentication by following the instructions here prior to connecting to the VPN.
After you are enrolled, you may connect to the VPN by following the instructions below:
Open the AnyConnect client
Enter vpn.nebraska.edu and click Connect
Enter your NUID number in the Username field
Enter your NUID password in the Password field
Enter your preferred Duo notification method (push, SMS, or phone) into the 2nd Password field
- This will send an alert to the Duo app that you installed it on your phone
- Tap Approve on your phone when it pops up
- This will send a text message to your phone with codes that will expire in 7 days
- Note, you will need to repeat steps 1-5 above
- This time enter one of the 7 digit codes that you from the text message you received
in the 2nd password field
- If you do not have a cell phone or secondary device for two-factor authentication,
contact the ITS helpdesk at 402-554-4357
If you receive an invalid password error, you may need to reset your passwordMore details can be found here: https://www.unomaha.edu/information-technology-services/information-security/vpn/connecting-nebraska-vpn.php