Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization
What is CEO?
UNO's Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization (CEO) is a student-run organization building the next generation of Nebraskan entrepreneurs and business leaders. Put simply, CEO meets every Wednesday during the semester from 4-5 pm. At our weekly meetings, we frequently invite company founders, CEOs or experienced entrepreneurs to speak directly to our UNO student base. At these meetings, not only will you gain valuable advice about running a successful business or thriving in the business world, but you'll also have a unique opportunity to ask industry leaders for advice/questions. To add on, CEO is a door-opener to incredible opportunities outside of UNO (ex: internships)
NOTE: CEO is a great opportunity for ALL MAJORS!
Outside of weekly meetings, CEO also hosts and attends various events and conferences as a club each year.
To summarize, if you are a student interested in one day owning your own business or simply want to make new friends, expand your professional network, and gain transferable leadership skills, then come check out CEO -- seriously, just swing by one of our meetings!
Fun Fact: The Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization is an international club that was brought to the University of Nebraska at Omaha's campus to inspire and encourage students to pursue a future in entrepreneurship. To learn more about CEO, click here.
Schedule for Spring 2021
- January 20: Event Vesta (Andrew Prystai)
- January 27: Speaker TBA
- February 3: Todd Graeve (CEO of Scooter's Coffee)
- February 10: Trevor Schade (Real Estate Team owner and Marketing Firm owner)
- February 17: James Manske (Elkhorn Lawncare and author)
- February 19: Deadline for Garage Fund Application Videos
- February 24: Van Deeb (Real Estate) Finalists for Garage Fund announced at the meeting
- March 3: Finalist Pitch live - judges declare Garage Fund winner
- March 10: 1st workshop with adopted business (No speaker)
- March 17: No meeting (Spring Break)
- March 24: Speaker TBA
- March 31: Speaker TBA
- April 7: Speaker TBA
- April 14: 2nd worshop with adopted business (No speaker)
- April 21: Chris Kaufman(co-founder of StockX)
The Aviture x CEO Garage Fund
The Aviture x CEO Garage Fund was established in the Fall of 2020 with a simple goal in mind: to support UNO student entrepreneurship. For the Spring 2021 semester, one UNO student will receive $500 and two workshops (on March 10 & April 14 at 4 pm) dedicated to helping your business/idea succeed. At these workshops, you will receive input from CEO members on specific challenges in your business and we will work to address them as a group.
Interested in taking your business/idea to the next level? View contest details and apply today!
Apply Now: https://forms.gle/Qiazs4atCYb7urxE6
For more information, please email President Justin Krug: Jlkrug@unomaha.edu
2021 Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization Sponsors