Maverick Business Plan Competition
Enter the 2017 Maverick Business Plan Competition!
Students are invited to submit a simplified business plan that identifies an opportunity and presents a viable proposal to address it. Winning plans can be new or novel innovations or can also address better implementation of or finding new markets for an existing technology.
- Any current UNO, UNMC or PKI undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, or post-doctoral student enrolled in a degree granting program may participate.
- Faculty and alumni are encouraged to participate by partnering with interested students.
- Teams may not compete if their concept is part of another venture or has raised angel or VC funding.
- Coaching sessions: March 15, March 29, April 5 | 5–6 P.M. in MH 303C
- Submission deadline: Monday, April 17, 2017, 11:59 P.M.
- Final competition: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 6-7:15 P.M.
Business Plan Coaching Sessions
Sessions will cover creating value propositions, identifying customers, and putting the plan together. For more information, contact Miles Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to submit
- Write a simplified business plan for a profit or not-for-profit venture before the deadline. Submit plan as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Use this template to write your plan.
Call Dale Eesley 402.554.2706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Maverick Business Plan Competition is sponsored by the UNO Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Franchising and Wells Fargo.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.