Things to Know
- Writers may have up to two hours of writing consultations per week in hour or half hour increments; writers needing additional time should ask a consultant. We are happy to extend more time to writers that will use it productively
- Arrive on time for appointments; if more than five minutes late, you may lose your appointment to another writer
- For online appointments, please be logged on by the time of your appointment. If you are having trouble connecting, call us at 402.554.2946
- Cancel appointments you cannot keep. To cancel, log in to our online schedule and click on your appointment. Scroll down and click “CANCEL THIS APPOINTMENT.” You may also cancel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (402.554.2946)
- When you do not cancel, you are a “no-show” for that appointment. After three no-shows, our scheduling software prevents you from making appointments. To reinstate your privileges, contact the director of the Writing Center, Dr. Travis Adams
- Writers must be present and active during Writing Center consultations
- Silence your cell phone and be considerate of your writing consultant and others in the Writing Center
- Writing Center consultants cannot help with take-home exams unless the student has received the instructor’s permission
- Have access to assignment prompts, samples, textbooks, and whatever other material you may need
- Sessions are confidential; reports are sent to instructors only when requested by the writer
- Please complete the feedback survey delivered via email following your appointment. Your anonymous feedback helps consultants and the entire center improve
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.