Harmon D. Maher, Ph.D.
- DSC 266
areas of focus:
- geology of Svalbard, geology of the Great Plains
- structural geology, geologic mapping, geologic fracture development, structural diagenesis
B.S. State University of New York–Albany
M.S. University of South Carolina
Ph.D. University of Wisconsin
Structural geology, geologic mapping, geologic fracture development, structural diagenesis, geology of Svalbard, geology of the Great Plains.
Ongoing research projects
- Development of Triassic growth basins on Edgeøya, Svalbard (Norway)
- Architecture of polygonal faults in Niobrara Chalk.
- Diagenetically driven vein formation in the Pierre Shale.
- Enigmatic detachment faulting in White River Group strata, Slim Buttes, SD.
Courses most commonly taught
- Physical Geology
- Environmental Geology
- Structural Geology
- Plate Tectonics