Maverick Business Plan Competition
Enter the 2016 Maverick Business Plan Competition!
Students are invited to submit a simplified business plan that identifies an opportunity and presents a viable proposal to address it. Winning plans can be new or novel innovations or can also address better implementation of or finding new markets for an existing technology.
First Prize: $3,000
Second Prize: $2,000
Third Prize: $1,000
- Any current UNO, UNMC or PKI undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, or post-doctoral student enrolled in a degree granting program may participate.
- Faculty and alumni are encouraged to participate by partnering with interested students.
- Teams may not compete if their concept is part of another venture or has raised angel or VC funding.
- Submission deadline: Saturday, April 16, 11:59 P.M.
- Finals: Tuesday, April 26, 6-7:15 P.M.
How to submit
- Write a simplified business plan for a profit or not-for-profit venture before the deadline. Submit plan as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business plan should include a one-page summary followed by no more than 10-page proposal outlining the idea, market, competition, competitive advantage and a general idea of how the firm will operate and generate a profit. Place any additional documentation along with team member resumes in an appendix.
Call Dale Eesley 402.554.2706 or email email@example.com.
The Maverick Business Plan Competition is sponsored by the UNO Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Franchising and Wells Fargo.