About Recovery Communities
Recovery Themed Housing
In partnership with Housing and Residence Life, students living on-campus have the opportunity to participate in recovery themed housing. Students living in recovery themed housing will have direct access to the Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) and share an apartment with other students in recovery, seeking recovery, or serving as recovery allies.
The CRC offers the following supports to students living in recovery themed housing at UNO:
- Four bedroom, two bathroom, living area, and full kitchen apartment in University Village
- Social support and community with other students living on campus who are in or seeking recovery
- On-campus recovery meetings
- On-campus and off-campus educational opportunities and events
- Leadership opportunities in the CRC student organization
- Referrals to specialized services such as counseling, coaching, and tutoring
To apply for this community, students should complete the UNO Housing Application in MavLINK, select University Village as their first housing choice, and select "Recovery Themed Housing" as their community preference.
About Transforming Youth Recovery
Transforming Youth Recovery looks specifically at the community, educational and peer networks that influence youth development and achievement, and is both studying and conceiving novel approaches that have the potential to dramatically expand family and school-based prevention, intervention and recovery support services—one community, one school, one student at a time.
For more information about collegiate recovery communities, email email@example.com.