Dual Degree Program - Gerontology & Law
The Department of Gerontology and UNO and the College of Law at UNL are partnering to meet the needs of aging adults and their families.
- Master of Arts in Social Gerontology & Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Master of Arts in Social Gerontology & Master of Legal Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology & Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Contact Dr. Chris Kelly in the Department of Gerontology to discuss interest in the dual degree program. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 402.554.4124
- Apply to UNL College of Law and UNO Graduate Studies.
- Comply with the application requirements of both the College of Law and UNO Graduate Studies.
In addition to the first year curriculum and upper division requirements, complete:
- Elder Law (3 hours)
- Wills and Trusts (3 hours)
- Individual Income Tax (4 hours)
- Estate Planning (3 hours)
- One of: Law and Medicine, Law of Patient and Provider, or Bioethics (3 hours)
Gerontology Courses Required for Joint Degree Students
- Applied Social Gerontology (3 hours)
- Seminar in Aging and Human Behavior (3 hours)
- Programs and Services for the Elderly (3 hours)
- Graduate Seminar in Statistical Applications (3 hours)
- Practicum (3 hours) – for Non-Thesis students
- Thesis (6 hours)- for Thesis students