Undergraduate & Graduate Certificates
Undergraduate & Graduate Certificate Programs
- Enrollment at UNO, UNL, UNK, or UNMC
- Completion of 15 credit hours of gerontology courses
- Completion of 3 credit hours of Practicum (10-12 hours per week for one semester) in an approved aging-related setting.
For detailed information view here.
Courses are chosen by the student--in consultation with the Gerontology Academic Advisor.
Note: Although the graduate specialization closely resembles the undergraduate program, it extends and enlarges the undergraduate study and provides opportunities for administrative and research experience.
All certificate students must apply on-line:
- UNO Undergraduate Admissions
- or UNO Graduate Studies
- as well as applying to the department directly Department of Gerontology Application to be considered for acceptance into a program of study.
Questions regarding the Undergraduate Certificate in Gerontology can be directed to the Gerontology Undergraduate Academic Advisor:
Heather Ford, MA, CDP
Questions regarding the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology can be directed to the Gerontology Graduate Program Chair: