Undergraduate & Graduate Certificates
Undergraduate & Graduate Certificate Programs
- Enrollment at UNO, UNL, UNK, or UNMC
- Completion of 15 credit hours of gerontology courses
- Completion of 3 credit hours of Practicum (10-12 hours per week for one semester) in an approved aging-related setting.
For detailed information view here.
Courses are chosen by the student--in consultation with the Gerontology Academic Adviser.
Note: Although the graduate specialization closely resembles the undergraduate program, it extends and enlarges the undergraduate study and provides opportunities for administrative and research experience.
All certificate students must apply on-line:
- UNO Undergraduate Admissions
- or UNO Graduate Studies
- as well as applying to the department directly Department of Gerontology Application to be considered for acceptance into a program of study.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.