Mission Statement and Vision Statement
Mission Statement:We develop knowledge, and educate and inspire future age-ready leaders to positively influence the aging process and to advocate for older adults, their caregivers and the communities in which they live.
We are the primary provider of expert gerontological education in Nebraska with a global impact. We provide essential teaching, training, and service for students who aspire to careers in business, government, the community and higher education in the field of aging through research, practice, and engagement.
1. Through our in-person and online degrees, we develop graduates to be leaders in the field of aging.
2. Our alumni bring unique age-ready solutions to the marketplace.
3. We maintain enduring supportive relationships with our alumni, fostering a community aging network that is both local and global.
4. We create and disseminate innovative research that is imperative for current and future aging challenges and opportunities.
5. Through our outreach to the community, we enhance the ability of those working with older adults to understand the aging process and to serve and advocate for this population.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.