IS&T Dual Enrollment Courses
UNO’s Dual Enrollment program allows talented students to earn college credit while still in high school. College-bound students can get a jump on their degree and maximize their time in advanced high school classes.
Dual enrollment can also provide enhanced curriculum opportunities that help students remain engaged in their junior and senior years of high school and help prepare for college-level work.
The College of IS&T currently offers its dual enrollment program in 18 different schools across Nebraska. In 2012-2013, a total of 180 students were enrolled in courses that ranged from CIST 1300, 1400, 2500 and CSCI 2980.
Courses that are currently offered by IS&T for dual enrollment include:
- CSCI 1200 — Computer Science Principles (aligns with AP CS Principles)
- CIST 1300 — Introduction to Web Development
- CIST 1400 — Introduction to Computer Science I (aligns with AP CS A)
- CSCI 1620 — Introduction to Computer Science II
- BIOI 1000 — Introduction to Bioinformatics
- CYBR 1100 — Introduction to Information Security
- CIST 2100 — Organizations, Applications, and Technology
- CIST 2500 — Introduction to Applied Statistics for IS&T (aligns with AP Statistics)
- CSCI 2510 — Introduction to Game Programming