Required Educator Preparation Exams
The Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators is required for all students formally admitting to the educator preparation program at UNO. The Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators measures academic skills in reading, writing and math that are needed to be successfully prepared for a career in education.
- Sign up here for the Core Academic Skills for Educators Combined test
- Cost to you: $150 for combined version or $90 per individual section
- Make sure to review the EPP checklist for information on sending scores to both UNO and the NE Dept. of Education. NDE #7643 – UNO #6420
- Study materials free from ETS: Math, Reading, Writing
- Accessibility accommodations
- ESL/ELL Accommodations
Study materials free from the library
- Visit the library site and click on the black tab at the top that says “Praxis/GRE”
- On the top left-hand side of the page, click “mometrix eLibrary Test Prep Guides”
- Choose “teacher”
- Click “Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Exam Secrets”
Math resources and free tutoring as suggested by the Math Science Learning Center
Prep books available at bookstores, online retailers such as amazon.com, or to check out in the IDEAS Room on the fourth floor of Roskens hall. These titles suggested by our STEM professors.
- PRAXIS Core Academic Skills for Educators Tests: Book + Online (PRAXIS Teacher Certification Test Prep) Pap/Psc Edition by Julie O'Connell and Sandra Rush M.A., ISBN: 978-0738611808
- Praxis Core For Dummies, with Online Practice Tests 1st Edition by Carla Kirkland (Author), Chan Cleveland, ISBN: 978-1118532805
- Barron's PRAXIS CORE EXAMS: Core Academic Skills for Educators Csm Edition by Robert D. Postman Ed. D, ISBN: 978-1438005744
- CORE Math Made Easy by Lynn Gardner
Praxis II Content Test
All educator preparation candidates seeking certification are required to take a Praxis II content test in each endorsement area of their preparation prior to being awarded initial teacher certification through the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE). It is recommended that candidates take the Praxis II content test the semester prior to their clinical practice semester. Please review the Praxis II Nebraska Content Testing Scores Chart for endorsement test code and passing score information.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.