Educator Preparation Program Formal Admission Procedures
Educator Preparation Program
The following requirements must be met prior to submitting an application for admission to educator preparation.
Step 1 - Application to Program
- Admission to UNO
- Completion of the General Education requirements (ENGL 1150, ENGL 1160, CMST 1110, or CMST 2120, and MATH 1310, (or placement beyond Math 1310 or with Math ACT score of 23 or higher), TED 2100 and TED 2200. Note: Students may apply for admission in the semester in which they take TED 2100 or TED 2200. General education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better and all education courses must be completed with a grade of C or better before acceptance into educator preparation will be official.
- GPA Requirements (UNO Students)
- Currently enrolled UNO students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- GPA Requirements (Transfer Students)
- Transfer students with 12 or more credit hours in the Nebraska System (UNL, UNK, UNO) must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 for all attempted coursework taken in the NU System.
- Transfer students with credit hours from institutions other than the NU System must have a minimum combined cumulative GPA of 2.5 for all attempted coursework.
- Grades must be posted before packet is submitted: fall semester grades for March 1 deadline, spring semester grades for June 1 deadline, and summer semester grades for October 1 deadline.
- Recommended, but not required. Pass the Praxis CORE Academic Skills for Education test within your first year at UNO. You MUST pass the test before formal admission to the program. Passing CORE scores are Reading 156, Writing 162, and Mathematics 150. If you took the PRAXIS PPST test prior to the transition to CORE, 173 is the minimum passing scores for all sections*.
Step 2 - Formal Admission to Program
- GPA of 2.75 or higher.*
- Transfer students with 12 or more credit hours in the Nebraska System (UNL, UNK, UNO) must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all attempted coursework taken in the NU System.
- Transfer students with credit hours from institutions other than the NU System must have a minimum combined cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all attempted coursework.
- Completion of TED 2300 and TED 2400 with a grade of C or higher.
- Pass the Praxis CORE Academic Skills for Educators test. Passing scores are Reading 156, Writing 162, and Mathematics 150.**
- Students who do not pass TED 2300 or TED 2400 with a grade of C or higher and the PRAXIS CORE test will not be permitted to continue in the Educator Preparation Program course sequence until these requirements are met.
- Fall Semester - March 1
- Fall Semester - June 1
- Spring Semester - October 1
All application materials must be submitted together as a packet. All forms and information needed to prepare the application packet are available by clicking on the links below.
BACKGROUND CHECK: All students accepted into the Educator Preparation Program are required to do a background check with the vendor selected by UNO. The instructions for completing the background check are provided to the students when they are accepted into the program. The cost of the background check is $27.82.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.