The 2022-23 application opens April 8. The deadline to apply is April 29, 2022.
How do I apply?
Incoming first-year students applying to the UNO/OPS Teacher Scholars Academy must first be admitted to the UNO College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences (CEHHS).
To access and complete the UNO/OPS Teacher Scholar application:
- Log in to MavLINK.
- Under the Financial Aid tab, click Financial Aid Home.
- Scroll down and click Apply for (academic year) Scholarships (right side). Complete and submit the General Application Questions for universitywide scholarships. This application serves as your application for available College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences scholarships.
- Applicants who qualify will be directed to complete the application for the UNO/OPS Teacher Scholars Academy.
What's on the application?
We are looking for scholars who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, commitment to communities, and passion for teaching—exemplified by:
- A résumé showing commitment to your community and school through volunteer service and extracurricular activities.
- Complete responses to short answer prompts that allow the committee to evaluate your aptitude for leadership and why you have selected a teaching career.
I've submitted my application. What's next?
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email to let you know your application has been received.
The selection committee will begin reviewing applications after the April 29 deadline. The top applicants will be invited to Interview Day held on May 21, 2022.
Want to learn more?
Attend an upcoming UNO/OPS TSA Cohort Information Event:
April 18 | 5:30 - 6:30 P.M.
Roskens Hall Atrium
April 21 | 6:30 - 7:30 P.M.