Big Idea! Pitch Contest Rules and Instructions
Round 1: Virtual Pitch Contest
- Submissions for the 2020 BigIdea! Pitch Contest are being accepted until November 6, 2020. Participants are to record themselves pitching their idea and submit their submission to ShortStack.
- Pitches cannot be longer than 90 seconds.
- Only one individual can pitch the big idea over the duration of the 90 seconds.
- Visual aids and props can be used.
- There are three idea categories for pitches, each of which will have a fan-favorite winner:
- Non Tech-Based
- After submitting a video, students can share their pitch via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to gather support and votes.
- The top-voted pitch in each category will win $100 and will automatically advance to the Final Round.
- After the submission and voting deadline of November 6, 2020, all other video pitches will be scored on originality, the nature of the problem, and the viability of the solution.
- The 12 top-scoring big ideas will advance to the Final Round, along with the fan favorite in each category.
Round 2: Final Round
- The Final Round for the 2020 BigIdea! Pitch Contest will be on November 17, 2020 in person (venue pending). In accordance with the University of Nebraska at Omaha and the CDC guidelines, attendees will be asked to follow strict guidelines and there will be limited seating available for audience members.
- Due to limited seating, the Final Round will be streamed live.
- Each finalist will have 90 seconds to pitch his or her idea with up to five minutes for Q&A. Visual aids, props or handouts can be used; however, no technology support will be provided.
- Finalists will be scored on originality, the nature of the problem, and the viability of the solution.
- Winner will receive $500.
- First Runner-Up will receive $250.
- Second Runner-Up will receive $100.
For more information, to receive coaching, or help developing your idea and crafting your pitch, please email Connor Berg: firstname.lastname@example.org