Big Idea! Pitch Contest Rules and Instructions
Round 1: Virtual Pitch Contest
- Submissions for the 2020 BigIdea! Pitch Contest are being accepted until November 6, 2020. Participants are to record themselves pitching their idea and submit their submission to ShortStack.
- Pitches cannot be longer than 90 seconds.
- Only one individual can pitch the big idea over the duration of the 90 seconds.
- Visual aids and props can be used.
- There are three idea categories for pitches, each of which will have a fan-favorite winner:
- Non Tech-Based
- After submitting a video, students can share their pitch via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to gather support and votes. Voting period begins on October 23, 2020.
- The top-voted pitch in each category will win $100 and will automatically advance to the Final Round.
- After the submission and voting deadline of November 6, 2020, all other video pitches will be scored on originality, the nature of the problem, and the viability of the solution.
- The 9 top-scoring big ideas will advance to the Final Round, along with the fan favorite in each category.
Round 2: Final Round
- The Final Round for the 2020 BigIdea! Pitch Contest will be live on November 17, 2020 via webinar.
- Each finalist will have 90 seconds to pitch his or her idea with up to five minutes for question and answer.
- Visual aids, props or handouts can be used; however, no technology support will be provided.
- Finalists will be scored on originality, the nature of the problem, and the viability of the solution.
- Winner will receive $500.
- First Runner-Up will receive $250.
- Second Runner-Up will receive $100.
For more information, to receive coaching, or help developing your idea and crafting your pitch, please email Connor Berg: firstname.lastname@example.org