Certificate in Economic Education
Teach Advanced Economics Courses
As economics grows in popularity, more secondary schools are requiring economics as a graduation requirement.
This certificate qualifies high school teachers to deliver advanced courses in economics (AP, honors, and dual enrollment) so that high school students can fulfil graduation requirements and also earn college credits.
Return on Investment
- You will earn the 18 graduate credit hours required by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) to teach classes that can be considered dual enrollment.
- Expanded knowledge of economics theory and practice will help you deliver high quality college-level classes to your students.
- Certificate credit hours can be applied towards a master’s degree in economics (must meet the standard admission and enrollment requirements).
- Qualified teachers who teach advanced subject levels are highly sought after by schools and increase opportunities for their students.
- Elective course selection allows you to customize the educational experience and skill development to your interests.