Digital Monument Signs
About the Monument Signs
The signs are a public-facing communication tool and serve as representation of the university; therefore, all requests must have public appeal. In order for an event to be included on the signs, it must be open to the public. We reserve the right to determine what content is displayed at which digital signage location(s).
- University Communications manages the digital monument signs
- Facilities maintains the hardware
- Information Services maintains the software
Any registered student organization, department, or office may request promotion on the digital monument signs. Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center partners may use this tool if events are on campus and include a service-learning component that will benefit the UNO and Omaha communities.
Items must have general public appeal and support the university’s strategic and academic priorities and/or general UNO brand awareness.
Announcements may not contain the following:
- Material that violates university policies, affirmative action, local ordinance, state, or federal laws
- Political endorsements or partisan political material
- Material that contains libelous or obscene language
- Personal ads
- Tobacco, alcoholic beverages, gaming, or other addictive or age-restricted activities, regardless of the sponsorship of the event
Submitting Your Request
If you would like to request a message for the digital monument signs please use the Start Your Project form or contact the Internal Communications Coordinator.
All requests must be submitted at least seven (7) business days in advance of the event or needed promotion. The maximum duration for a digital sign display is 14 days.
Character count for digital monument signs:
Dodge Campus monument signs
No more than three (3) screens with a character count of 22 total characters including spaces per screen (11 characters/spaces per line)
Scott Campus monument sign
No more than two (2) screens with a character count of 40 total characters including spaces per screen (20 characters/spaces per line)