About the Monument Signs
The signs are a public-facing communication tool and serve as representation of the university; therefore, all requests must have public appeal. In order for an event to be included on the signs, it must be open to the public. We reserve the right to determine what content is displayed at which digital signage location(s).
Any registered student organization, department, or office may request promotion on the digital monument signs. Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center partners may use this tool if events are on campus and include a service-learning component that will benefit the UNO and Omaha communities.
Items must have general public appeal and support the university’s strategic and academic priorities and/or general UNO brand awareness.
"Students from 117 countries study at UNO"
"UNO offers the most competitive tuition in the region"
Announcements may not contain the following:
- Material that violates university policies, affirmative action, local ordinance, state, or federal laws
- Political endorsements or partisan political material
- Material that contains libelous or obscene language
- Personal ads
- Tobacco, alcoholic beverages, gaming, or other addictive or age-restricted activities, regardless of the sponsorship of the event
Submitting Your Request
If you would like to request a message for the digital monument signs please use the Start Your Project form or contact the Internal Communications Coordinator.
All requests must be submitted at least seven business days in advance of the event or needed promotion. The maximum duration for a digital sign display is 14 days.
Character count for digital monument signs:
Dodge Campus monument signs
No more than three screens with a character count of 22 total characters including spaces per screen (11 characters/spaces per line)
Scott Campus monument sign
No more than two screens with a character count of 40 total characters including spaces per screen (20 characters/spaces per line)
Other Signage on Campus
We maintain an inventory of television monitors inside buildings on campus. The content for these television screens are managed by a representative of the college or department, usually a key communicator. Each area has its own requirements for what can and cannot be promoted on the signs.
University Communications and partners design for these sizes and shares them with each other here.
Signs we size for:
- College of Arts and Sciences: 1000px x 650px and 1920px x 1080px
- College of Business Administration: 1920px x 1080px
- College of Education: 1024px x 768px
- College of Public Affairs and Community Service: 1057px x 967px
- Criss Library: 1920px x 1080px
- Health and Kinesiology: 1280px x 720px
- Milo Bail Student Center: 640px x 208px
- Peter Kiewit Institute: 1920px x 1080px
- University Housing: 1920px x 1080px
- Weitz CEC: 5760px x 2160px
- WEPA: 1280px x 960px
Please contact the Internal Communications Coordinator with any additions or updates to this inventory list.