Strategic Planning Metrics
Goal 1: Student-Centeredness
- UNO’s six-year Graduation Rate for first-time, full-time students entering Fall 2012 was 49.1%.
- First to Second Year Retention Rates for New Student Groups who enrolled Fall 2015 ranged from 64.5% to 96.6%, with an overall rate of 72.9%.
- Alumni Satisfaction: 89.7% of 2010 and 2012 graduates responding to an alumni survey rated UNO as good or excellent for the time they attended.
- Seniors’ Satisfaction: 83% of seniors participating in the 2016 NSSE Survey rated their overall experience at UNO as good or excellent.
- Graduating Students: of students graduating in 2017, 78% were currently working or were starting a job with a new employer, 28.4% were continuing their education, and 14.6% were seeking employment (not mutually exclusive categories).
- After completion of the first year of college, 72.9% of UNO students agreed the institution had contributed to their understanding of global issues.
- 77.9% of students graduating in 2017 agreed ("very much" or "quite a bit") their experience at UNO contributed to their understanding of people of different backgrounds.
- In 2016-17, 88.9% of students received financial assistance or scholarships.
- The average amount a student paid out of pocket at UNO for 2016-17 (balance after refunds) was $3,072.
- UNePlan statistics for Goal 1 related initiatives: there were 67 initiatives input by colleges / units that aligned with Goal 1 for 2017-18.
Goal 2: Academic Excellence
- A sampling of UNO seniors who completed the Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA+) in 2018 achieved a mean total score that signifies proficient mastery (mid-point on a five point scale) of critical thinking and written communication skills.
- Of UNO students graduating in 2017, 88% reported being satisfied or very satisfied with their preparation for work provided by UNO.
- 71% of UNO alumni graduating over the past 10 years are employed in their field.
- Percent UNO full-time faculty holding the Terminal Degree: 2016 = 78%
- UNO student-to-faculty ratio is 17 to 1.
- Grants/contracts awarded in 2016-17 totaled $15,779,027.
- The total number of UNO degrees and certificates conferred in 2017-18 was 3,475.
- UNePlan statistics for Goal 2 related initiatives: there were 28 initiatives input by colleges / units that aligned with Goal 2 for 2017-18.
Goal 3: Community Engagement
- Partnership Dashboard: of the 258 community partners that are closely tracked, 12% addressed economic sufficiency, 38.3% addressed educational support, 14.3% addressed environmental stewardship, 17% addressed health and wellness, 17% addressed international service, and 13.1% addressed social justice.
- Almost 200 Service Learning courses were offered through six academic colleges in 2016-17.
- In 2016-17, UNO offered 923 class sections with a community engagement component enrolling 5,757 students.
- Over 300,000 hours of service were donated by almost 7,000 students to a wide range of community projects in 2016-17.
- The Alumni Donor count for 2018 was 4,556.
- The Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center estimated value of shared meeting space/technology for community use in 2017-18 was $1.8 Million.
- UNePlan statistics for Goal 3 related initiatives: there were 21 initiatives input by colleges / units that aligned with Goal 3 for 2017-18.
Goal 4: Institutional Quality
- UNO's Composite Financial Indicator score for FY 2018 was 2.03 (target 1.1 - 10.0).
- Dollars spent on capital improvements since 2007: $511.8 million (as of Spring 2018).
- Square footage added since 2007 (new, renovated, purchased): $3.3 million (as of spring 2018).
- Sustainability dashboard
- The total number of criminal offenses/arrests on UNO property reported for 2017 was 306, of which 247 were committed in on-campus student housing.
- In a 2018 UNO Perceptions Survey of Nebraska and Western Iowa citizens (using a scale of 1-7, with 7 being strong agreement), the average rating of UNO as an asset to the Omaha community was 5.77. The average rating of UNO as having an excellent academic reputation was 5.24. The average rating of UNO as offering programs accommodating all students was 5.36.
- UNePlan statistics for Goal 4 related initiatives: there were 69 initiatives input by colleges / units that aligned with Goal 4 for 2017-18.