The undergraduate advisors in the College of IS&T are your partners for success as they guide you in choosing a degree program from our five majors, advise you about specific courses and schedules, and ensure that you meet all the requirements of your degree. They can also help with difficult situations such as concerns about your grades, time management, scheduling conflicts, course instruction, or other academic issues.
What you do at UNO is limited only by your imagination, your desire to take advantage of all the educational opportunities the College of IS&T has to offer, and your ability to ask the right questions. Your academic advisors are a great starting point in getting answers to those questions!
Meet Your IS&T Undergraduate Advisors
Director/Academic Advisor (Junior, Senior, and Transfer Students; Scott Scholars)
Judith Monarrez Diaz-Kelsey
Academic Advisor/Student Recruiter (Freshman, Sophomore, and Transfer Students)
Academic Advisor (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Transfer Students)
Academic Coordinator/Academic Advisor (Freshman, Sophomore, and Transfer Students)
Prospective Student Checklist
- Explore our website. The College of IS&T offers five undergraduate majors. Investigate each one to see which is the best fit for you.
- Apply online
- Request official transcripts from all high school and colleges previously attended, and have them mailed directly to the UNO Admissions Office. Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com. Transcripts must be received before admission to the University can be finalized.
- Submit ACT or SAT scores. These scores are required from all students with fewer than 12 hours of college level course work.
- Check your Admission Status.
- Register for placement tests at the Testing Center.
- Receive your placement exam results. If you do not receive results, contact the Testing Center in Kaiser Hall 522 or by calling 402.554.4800.
- Schedule an Orientation session. All first year and transfer students are required to attend an orientation session. First year students will automatically be scheduled to see an academic advisor on the day of orientation; transfer students can schedule an academic advising appointment on or following their orientation day by calling the IS&T Advising Office at 402.554.3819.
- Prepare for your meeting with the academic advisor. Bring all placement exam results and your student ID number to your appointment, and know your Mavlink password. Familiarize yourself with the UNO Catalog and online schedule of classes for your selected major ahead of time.