Dr. Deepak Khazanchi is Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis, Executive Director of CMIT, and Community Engagement & Internationalization Officer in the College of Information Science and Technology at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. His research interests include virtual-project management, virtual worlds, and B2B assurance services in extended enterprise environments.
Philosophical Foundations of IS/IT Research, Technical and Process issues in IS/IT research, IT audit and Control, E-Business/Electronic Commerce, IT Strategy, Systems Analysis, Managing in a Digital World, Systems Design & Development, Information Systems Theory, Corporate IS Management, Research Methods in IS, Foundations of IS Research, Philosophical/Ethical/Pedagogical Issues in IS.
Virtual project management, virtual teams, mutual knowledge, project management best practices, B2B assurance services and Risk analysis in extended enterprise environments, application of philosophy of science in the Information Systems/Technology discipline, M&A IT Risk Assessment
Dr. Deepak Khazanchi has served on a number of NU, UNO, college, and departmental committees including the UNO General Education committee and the Graduate Council. He is also actively engaged with the community in Omaha and Nebraska and is the primary creator of the women in IT program for 8th/9th grade girls called CodeCrush and the iSTEM after school programs. He is also engaged with a number of universities around the world including participating on the Executive Council of Bennett University (India) and an adjunct with the University of Agder (Norway). He has worked with a number of nonprofit organizations and is a member of the advisory board of the "Collective For Youth." He also serves on the Board of Trustees of Brownell-Talbot School.
- Philosophical and Methodological Foundations of IS/IT Research (PhD)
- Technical and Process issues in IS/IT research (PhD)
- IT Audit and Control (MS/BS)
- Electronic Commerce (MS/BS)
- Global IT Leadership (BS/MS)
- IT Strategy (MS)
- Business Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems (BS)
- Information Systems Analysis (BS)
- Systems Design & Development (BS)
- Information Systems Theory (BS)
- Management of IS (MS)
- Research Methods in IS (MS)
- Philosophical, Ethical, and Pedagogical Issues in IS
Research and Creative Interests
- Virtual project management
- B2B EC assurance and risk management in extended enterprises
- Best Practices in IT Project Management
- Project Management Assurance
- Application of 3D immersive environments such as Second Life in VPM
- Technology-enabled language learning
- Contingency Theory of eLearning
- Knowledge Management and Representation
- Mutual Knowledge
- Pattern Theory
- Philosophical, Methodological, Pedagogical & Ethical issues in IT education & research
Fulbright Specialist (2012-2017).
Received the University of Nebraska Board of Regents Kudos (9/16/2005)
Life Member, BETA GAMMA SIGMA (the honors society for American Collegiate Schools of Business), Texas Tech University, 1992.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.