Dr. Deepak Khazanchi is Professor of Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis, Executive Director of CMIT/Attic Lab, and Director of the executive EMIT degree program in the College of Information Science and Technology at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. His research interests include fast response virtual teams, virtual project management, crisis informatics, and B2B assurance services in extended enterprise environments.
Philosophical Foundations of IS/T Research, Managing in a Digital World, IT Strategy, Information Systems Theory, Research Methods, Mixed Methods Research, Philosophical, Ethical and Pedagogical Issues in IS.
Virtual project management, virtual teams, crisis informatics, sensemaking in VTs, project management best practices, B2B assurance services and Risk analysis in extended enterprise environments, and the application of philosophy of science in the Information Systems/Technology discipline.
Dr. Deepak Khazanchi has served on a number of NU, UNO, college of IS&T, and departmental committees including the UNO General Education committee and the Graduate Council. He is also actively engaged with the community in Omaha and Nebraska and is the primary creator of the grant funded program for 8th/9th grade girls called CodeCrush and the iSTEM after school programs. He is also engaged with a number of universities around the world including participating on the Executive Council of Bennett University (India) and as a collabroator for reseach and teaching with the University of Agder (Norway), MCI (Austria), and UIBE (China). He has worked with a number of nonprofit organizations and is a member of the advisory board of Refugee Empowerment Center of Omaha, Collective for Youth, Benson Theater, and the Board of Trustees of Brownell Talbot Preparatory School.
Awards and Honors
Fulbright Specialist, Service, University - 2012
Ph D, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA., Management Information Systems, Statistics and Statistical Methods; Finance, 1991
MBA, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, Illinois, USA, Finance, 1988
Other, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, Civil Engineering, 1981
- Philosophical and Methodological Foundations of IS/IT Research (PhD)
- Technical and Process issues in IS/IT research (PhD)
- IT Audit and Control (MS/BS)
- Electronic Commerce (MS/BS)
- Global IT Leadership (BS/MS)
- IT Strategy (MS)
- Business Data Communications & Distributed Processing Systems (BS)
- Information Systems Analysis (BS)
- Systems Design & Development (BS)
- Information Systems Theory (BS)
- Management of IS (MS)
- Research Methods in IS (MS)
- Philosophical, Ethical, and Pedagogical Issues in IS
Research and Creative Interests
- Virtual project management
- B2B EC assurance and risk management in extended enterprises
- Best Practices in IT Project Management
- Project Management Assurance
- Application of 3D immersive environments such as Second Life in VPM
- Technology-enabled language learning
- Contingency Theory of eLearning
- Knowledge Management and Representation
- Mutual Knowledge
- Pattern Theory
- Philosophical, Methodological, Pedagogical & Ethical issues in IT education & research
Fulbright Specialist (2012-2017).
Received the University of Nebraska Board of Regents Kudos (9/16/2005)
Life Member, BETA GAMMA SIGMA (the honors society for American Collegiate Schools of Business), Texas Tech University, 1992.