Master's Degree Options
CADRE Teachers have the option of earning one of the following degrees offered through UNO's College of Education:
- Master of Science in Elementary Education
- Master of Science in Secondary Education
- Master of Science in Special Education
The CADRE Project consists of a 36 hour graduate program that is completed in approximately 14 months. Although there are individual differences, a typical CADRE Teacher completes his/her program in four consecutive semesters:
- 12 graduate hours during the first summer
- 6 graduate hours during the fall semester
- 6 graduate hours during the spring semester
- 12 graduate hours during the second summer
Near the end of the program, all CADRE Teachers are required to complete a Capstone experience in lieu of a written comprehensive exit exam.
Areas of Concentration Options
All CADRE Teachers working towards an M.S. in Elementary Education or Secondary Education are required to select an area of concentration. Please note, that areas of concentration are NOT considered endorsements for certification purposes. Bilingual education and ESL are not options for CADRE participants as the course sequence takes longer that 14 months.