Knowledge & Skills Gained
History and the Liberal Arts
As a History Major, you will develop knowledge and skills that will strengthen your future career goals. History courses will teach you useful, real-world skills and the importance of "making knowledge matter."
Read more about the significance of the liberal arts in Dean Boocker's message to the students in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Knowledge & Skills Gained as a History Major:
- Improve the craft of meaningful writing
- Strengthen critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Learn the dynamics of analysis and interpretation through research
- Engage in discussions about political, social, and economical connections between local, national, and global communities
- Acquire knowledge about the historical profession
- Understand the intersections of race, gender, class, economy, military, legal, religious, and urban studies