Steven N. Rodie, FASLA
- Sustainable Landscape Design
- Sustainable Landscape Plants
- Landscape Appreciation & Environmental Sustainability
- Green Infrastructure
I am interested in broadening the use of green infrastructure as a viable, cost-effective, publically-accepted stormwater best management practice.
This is especially critical for Omaha and hundreds of other cities across the country that currently experience combined sewer overflows and are finding traditional gray infrastructure solutions prohibitively expensive to implement and lacking in effectiveness.
I am working with the City of Omaha and other regional stormwater practitioners to:
- Assess the successful use of native and adapted plants, especially native sedges, in local green infrastructure projects, and
- Assess variable underdrain construction and media specifications to identify the most effective (from cost and filtration perspectives) for usage in future regional bioretention and bioswale installations.