For An Education That Can Take You Everywhere
In the College of Arts & Sciences, we’ll give you the personal attention you need to be a critical and ethical thinker, creative problem solver and clear communicator. We’ll prepare you for an extraordinary future by asking big questions, doing research that matters and interacting with our global community.
So what are you wating for? Whether you're an undergraduate or graduate student, we believe that you can find your passion in the College of Arts & Sciences.
Humanities - What are the Humanities?
- English - an exploration of the human experience through the written word
- Foreign Languages & Literature - the study of foreign languages and cultures
- History - the study of past events, particularly in human affairs
- Philosophy - the study of the fundamental nature of reality, knowledge, and values
- Religious Studies - the interdisciplinary, academic study of religious beliefs, behaviors, and institutions
Natural & Physical Sciences - What are the Natural & Physical Sciences?
- Biology - the study of living organisms
- Bioinformatics - the science of collecting and analyzing complex biological data such as genetic codes
- Molecular & Biomedical Biology - the study of biological processes for industrial and medical purposes
- Chemistry - the study of substances and the interactions between different types of matter
- Geology - the study of the earth’s physical structure and substance, its history, and the processes that act on it
- Mathematics - the study of quantity, structure, space, and change
- Physics - the study of matter, energy and the interaction between them
Social Sciences - What are the Social Sciences?
- Black Studies - interdisciplinary study of the history, culture, and politics of Black Americans
- Geography - the study of Earth’s landscapes, peoples, places and environments
- Political Science - the study of systems of government and the analysis of political activity and behavior
- Psychology - the study of how humans think, feel, and behave
- Sociology & Anthropology - the scientific study of social life
Interdisciplinary Studies - What are Interdisciplinary Studies?
- Environmental Sciences - the interdisciplinary study of human interaction with the environment
- Latino/Latin American Studies - interdisciplinary study of the history, culture, and politics Latino/Latin Americans
- Native American Studies - interdisciplinary study of the history, culture, and politics of Native Americans
- Neuroscience - the study of the structure and function of the brain
- Women's & Gender Studies - the interdisciplinary study of the roles, experiences, and achievements of women in society