Educator Preparation Program Formal Admission Procedures
Educator Preparation Program
The following requirements must be met prior to submitting an application for formal admission to educator preparation.
- Admission to UNO
- Completion of the General Education requirements (ENGL 1150, ENGL 1160, SPCH 1110, or SPCH 2120, and MATH 1310, or placement beyond Math 1310 through the Math Placement Examination or Math ACT score), MTCH 2000 (for elementary education majors), and EDUC 2020 and EDUC 2030. Note: Students may apply for admission in the semester in which they take EDUC 2020, EDUC 2030 and MATH 2000. General education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better and all education courses must be completed with a grade of C or better before acceptance into educator preparation will be official.
- GPA Requirements (UNO Students)
- Currently enrolled UNO students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- GPA Requirements (Transfer Students)
- Transfer students with 12 or more credit hours in the Nebraska System (UNL, UNK, UNO) must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all attempted coursework taken in the NU System.
- Transfer students with credit hours from institutions other than the NU System must have a minimum combined cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all attempted coursework.
- Minimum scores of 173 on all sections of the Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST). Effective September 1, 2014, the PRAXIS I test will be changed to the CORE academic skills test for educators. Passing scores are Reading 156, Writing 162, and Mathematics 150.*
- Grades must be posted before packet is submitted: fall semester grades for March 1 deadline, spring semester grades for June 1 deadline, and summer semester grades for October 1 deadline.
- Fall Semester - March 1
- Fall Semester - June 1
- Spring Semester - October 1
All application materials must be submitted together as a packet. All forms and information needed to prepare the application packet are available by clicking on the links below.
BACKGROUND CHECK: All students accepted into the Educator Preparation Program are required to do a background check with the vendor selected by UNO. The instructions for completing the background check are provided to the students when they are accepted into the program. The cost of the background check is $27.82.