Looking to hire UNO students? Introducing our online job and internship board - Handshake. We recommend that you create an account on Handshake and connect with UNO.
Once your Handshake account is approved, you will be able to post available positions as well as request on-campus interview space.
The transition to Handshake is an exciting step that will further connect students and alumni to meaningful work. Some of the biggest improvements you will find when using Handshake include:
- An easy to use, intuitive interface, with a clean, modern, and simple design - making it easy to navigate and use.
- Powerful search tools that offer you the ability to pinpoint and build candidate pools quickly and easily
- Built in communication tools that allow you to message our students directly
- Added data points that allow you to send communication to the right students at the right time in their academic careers
Handshake Hints & Training
Handshake provides free access to a variety of on-line resources and help tutorials through Handshake's online training website.
- 2-minute how-to videos
- Getting started with Handshake
- How to add a school on Handshake
- How to post a job on Handshake
- How to request an event (e.g., information table, session, promote your own event)
- How to conduct on-campus interviews
- How to search for students and download public résumés
- About having low applicant responses
- UNO Recruiting Policies
- Reported Median Wages
- DACA Guidance for Employers
- Internship Program Best Practices
Joe Hayes, Associate Director of Career Development & Employer Relations
Uncertain times require a different approach to career fairs. Below are some of the changes made to the UNO career fair line-up for Fall 2020. Spring 2021 details will be released at a later date.
- All UNO career fairs outlined below will be virtual, unless otherwise noted.
- The Business and IT fair will be combined into one virtual career fair date.
- Given the fluidity of employer hiring needs and the different job & internship search timelines of students, an "all majors fair" was added for November. The goal is to scatter events that best serve employers and students.
September 16, 2020
Business & IT Career & Internship Fair
Durham School Career Fair (UNL Engineering, Omaha Campus)
October 8, 2020
All Majors Career & Internship Fair (October Fair)
|November 10, 2020||
All Majors Career & Internship Fair (November Fair)
Our partnership programs offer many different benefits with a goal of helping to elevate your campus brand and to connect you to students. Registration for the 2020-2021 academic year is open.
To learn more about becoming a partner organization and how to better enhance your visibility and brand across campus, please contact Joe Hayes
Thank you to our 2019-2020 Employer & Community Partners!
The UNO Academic & Career Development Center (ACDC) acknowledges our Employer and Community Partners for their commitment to assisting UNO students and alumni.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
Boys Town National Research Hospital
Enterprise Rent a Car
Farm Credit Services of America
First National Bank
Lincoln Financial Group
Mutual of Omaha
National Indemnity Company
YMCA of Greater Omaha