Handshake replaces UNO Career Connect
Looking to hire UNO students? Introducing our new online job and internship board - Handshake. We recommend that you create an account on Handshake and connect with UNO.
Once your Handshake account is approved, you will be able to post available positions as well as request on-campus interview space.
The transition to Handshake is an exciting step that will further connect students and alumni to meaningful work. Some of the biggest improvements you will find when using Handshake include:
- An easy to use, intuitive interface, with a clean, modern, and simple design - making it easy to navigate and use.
- Powerful search tools that offer you the ability to pinpoint and build candidate pools quickly and easily
- Built in communication tools that allow you to message our students directly
- Added data points that allow you to send communication to the right students at the right time in their academic careers
Handshake Hints & Training
Handshake provides free access to a variety of on-line resources and help tutorials through Handshake's online training website.
- 2-minute how-to videos
- Getting started with Handshake
- How to add a school on Handshake
- How to post a job on Handshake
- How to request an event (e.g., information table, session, promote your own event)
- How to conduct on-campus interviews
- How to search for students and download public résumés
- About having low applicant responses
- UNO Recruiting Policies
- Reported Median Wages
- DACA Guidance for Employers
- Internship Program Best Practices
Joe Hayes, Assistant Director of Employer Relations & Internships
February 25, 2020
February 26, 2020
March 4, 2020
April 23, 2020
Registration for the 2019-2020 academic year is open.
Our Partnership Programs offer many different benefits. To learn more about becoming a partner organization and how to better enhance your visibility and brand across campus, please contact Joe Hayes
Thank you to our 2019-2020 Employer & Community Partners!
The UNO Academic & Career Development Center (ACDC) acknowledges our Employer and Community Partners for their commitment to assisting UNO students and alumni.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
Boys Town National Research Hospital
Enterprise Rent a Car
Farm Credit Services of America
First National Bank
Lincoln Financial Group
Mutual of Omaha
National Indemnity Company
YMCA of Greater Omaha