Handshake is the first step to connecting with students and alum at UNO. On Handshake, you can post job and internship opportunities, register for Career & Internship Fairs, and more!
Create an Employer Account on Handshake
First, you'll need to create an employer account on Handshake. If your company already has an account on Handshake, as your account manager to add you as an employee. After you've created an account and added all your company details, add "University of Nebraska at Omaha" to your school list.
Once your Handshake account is approved, you will be able to post available positions and request on-campus interview space.
The best place to promote your positions to students on campus is through Handshake. As you post positions to Handshake, ensure they are in accordance with UNO's recruiting policies. Positions that do not align with these recruiting policies will be removed from Handshake.
UNO's Recruiting Policies
In order to provide fair an dequitable services to students, alumni, and employers, UNO Career Services aheres to the Principles of Professional Practice outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), the laws and regulations established by the Department of Labor, guidelines provided by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the laws established by the Federal and State government.
UNO Career Services does not and will not knowingly assist or provide support to employers who discriminate in their selection of employees on the basis of race, color, ethnicicyt, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation.
Right to Refuse Service: We reserve the right to refuse service to employer for factors including the following:
- An incomplete position description
- Unable to verify company or position information
- Misrepresentation or lack of information
- Complaints by students
- Harassment of UNO student, alumni, or staff
- Breach of confidentiality
- Requiring, at the time of application, personal information such as bank and social security numbers
- Excessive outlay of personal funding required to obtain the position
- Failure to adhere to ACDC policies and/or any violation of UNO rules and regulations, and local, state, or federal laws
- Positions and organizations that are not mission-aligned to university student code of conduct
- Positions that require applicants to work in personal residence
- Positions not likely of interest to college students or alumni
- Employers and/or positions located outside the U.S.
- Multi-level marketing postings are not allowed on Handshake, including mystery shoppers, make up consultants, etc.
- An expiration date listed more than 365 days from the posting date
- Contact information containing personal sounding email addresses (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc.)
- Third-party recruiters residing outside Nebraska or Council Bluffs, IA
Handshake Hints & Training
Handshake provides free access to a variety of on-line resources and help tutorials through Handshake's online training website.
- How to add a school on Handshake
- How to post a job on Handshake
- How to request an event (e.g., information table, session, promote your own event)
- How to conduct on-campus interviews
- How to search for students and download public résumés
- About having low applicant responses
The Academic and Career Development Center
Check back before Fall Semester for our Fall line-up.
Our partnership programs offer many different benefits with the goal of helping to elevate your campus brand and to connect you to students. Registration for the 2022-2023 academic year is now open!
If you have any questions about on-campus activies or joining our Employer Partnership Program, connect with Natsumi Avedissian, Employer and Campus Relations Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Thank you to our 2021-2022 Employer & Community Partners!
The UNO Academic & Career Development Center (ACDC) acknowledges our Employer and Community Partners for their commitment to assisting UNO students and alumni.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies – Workers Compensation
Boys Town National Research Hospital
Farm Credit Services of America
First National Bank
Mutual of Omaha
National Indemnity Company
Nebraska Army National Guard
US Marine Corps – Officer Selection Program