Before You Arrive
- Make sure all your guests have their instructions
- You know your route to Baxter Arena and where to park
- Be prepared to arrive at least 30 minutes before your ceremony time
- If graduates do not arrive 30 minutes before the ceremony, they will not be lined up in the correct order
- Students are required to wear the UNO cap and gown.
- Business attire beneath the gown is recommended.
- Underneath the line-up room floor is a layer of ice, so it can be chilly.
- Bachelor's degree candidates: Wear the tassel over the right front of the cap.
When You Arrive at Baxter Arena
- Students will proceed toward the Holland Ice on the main level. There will be tables outside the Holland Ice where you will check in and receive instructions.
- Students should not bring any personal items (jackets, bags, purses, etc.) to the line-up room. Personal items cannot be left in the line-up room or carried onto the ceremony floor.
- You will be asked to write your name phonetically (spell it the way it sounds) on the name card provided when you check in.
- Students will be lined up by college, then by major/program, and then last name.
During the Ceremony
- Please shut off cell phones and refrain from use during the ceremony.
- When directed by ushers, line up, grab your diploma cover, present your name card to the reader, and cross the stage. You will pause at the mark in the center of the stage for a photo, then follow the ushers backstage for additional photos.
- After your photos, you will follow the ushers and return back to your seat (your proofs will be emailed to you).
- As a courtesy to all graduates and their guests, you are expected to remain for the entire ceremony. Please ask your guests to meet you outside the arena after the ceremony.
- Gatherings outside of Baxter Arena are strongly discouraged. We have numerous photo opportunities available on our Dodge and Scott Campus we recommend graduates and their guests take advantage of.
- Order your photos through GradImages.
- Connect with the UNO Alumni Association
- Check out the Résumés, Career Readiness, and Interview Resources available through the Academic and Career Development Center (ACDC).
- Ensure you get your diploma; these are mailed out after approximately 15 days after commencement. If you have questions or concerns about your diploma, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or 402.554.2314.
- Undergrad students, look into attending Grad School at UNO.