Family and Friends Instructions
Getting to the Ceremony
- Traffic could be heavy. Please add 30 minutes to your commute time and we recommend avoiding West Center Road. View a map showing the best routes to Baxter Arena and where to park.
- Parking is free and permits are not required.
- Vehicles displaying a valid, state-issued handicapped parking permit may park in Lot 21. Please plan to arrive early!
When You Arrive at Baxter Arena
- All guests will be directed to the concourse to find seats to enjoy the ceremony.
- We recommend that guests sit in groups and allow space between each group.
- All boxes, bags, strollers, etc. are subject to a security check upon entering the building.
- Minimal concessions will be for sale on the concourse. No outside food and drink.
- Empty water bottles are allowed, these can be filled at a water fountain.
- You can pick up flowers or a gift for your favorite Maverick grad on the concourse!
During the Ceremony
- Please shut off cell phones and refrain from use during the ceremony.
- As a courtesy to all graduates and their guests, we ask everyone to remain for the entire ceremony. Plan on meeting your graduate outside of Baxter Arena following the ceremony.
- Gatherings outside of Baxter Arena are strongly discouraged. We have numerous photo opportunities available on our Dodge and Scott Campus we recommend graduates and their guests take advantage of.