Green Globes® Professional
GGP offers an affordable alternative to LEED as a way to advance the overall environmental performance and sustainability of a wide range of commercial and governmental buildings.
Why Become a Certified GGP?
- Expand your business opportunities by offering green building services to a broader client base, including companies and organizations not pursuing LEED certification.
- As a GGP, you may serve as a consultant on Green Globes projects, facilitate the building certification process and provide project management for your own clients.
- Play an important role in fostering O&M practices that result in more energy-efficient, healthier and environmentally sustainable buildings.
Who Benefits From Certification
- Engineers and architects
- Building owners, property managers, facilities personnel
- Investors, developers
- Sustainability experts
- Construction professionals
- The background, features, and major components of Green Globes
- The organization of Green Globes criteria and point allocation
- A detailed explanation of the Green Globes assessment and certification process
- All of the Green Globes modules, including New Construction (NC), Continual Improvement of Existing Buildings (CIEB), and CIEB for Healthcare Buildings (CIEB Healthcare)
- Testing at end of second day
- Minimum Qualifications for Green Globes Professional
I. Strategy and Alignment for Sustainable FM
Introduction to sustainability
Developing an organization strategy
Sustainability considerations, goals and initiatives
Communication and reporting sustainability
II. Managing Sustainable Facilities
Policy development and planning
Finance for sustainable facilities
Purchasing and procuring
Standards, systems and support
III. Operating Sustainable Facilities
Energy, water, materials and resources
Indoor environmental quality
Shervin Ansari, LEED AP BD+C, GGP, GPRO, SFP, is president/managing director of Flatwater Development Company, a commercial construction firm focusing on high performance, energy efficient facilities.
$875, includes application fee, materials and final exam, plus initial two-year certification.
Dates: call 402.554.4095 or email email@example.com