How to Submit a Tutoring Help Ticket
- Go to the Tutoring Portal.
- Click the "Open Ticket" tab.
- Fill out the information relating to your question(s). For online tutoring requests, clearly mention it in the description.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Setup your workstation and a tutor will come over to you (or contact you via Skype) as soon as they are available.
Distance Tutoring via Skype
Distance tutoring for students who are off-campus is offered during normal hours of operation subject to tutor availability. Once in the Tutoring Portal, click "I need help", fill out the information as completely as possible and make sure to clearly comment "Requesting a Skype session" before submitting.
The CSLC offers drop-in tutoring without an appointment during normal hours of operation for the following courses:
- CSCI 1200 – CS Principles
- CIST 1300 – Web Development
- CIST 1400 – Intro to CS
- CSCI 1620 – Intro to CS II
- CSCI 2030 – Foundations of CS
- CSCI 2240 – C Programming
- CSCI 3320 – Data Structures
Tutoring may be available for other classes by request. Contact the CSLC for requests.
Tutor-led exam reviews may be scheduled prior to exams; the date, time and location of these will be announced on the Tutoring Portal Status page, in the CSLC, or via your instructor.
Private Tutoring Sessions
Weekly hour-long tutoring sessions are available to students struggling with course material. These will focus on core course material and are not intended as a time to work on homework.
Private tutoring requests currently require a GMav account to fill out the request form.
Services for Metro Community College
We welcome Metro Community College students seeking help with courses similar or equivalent to UNO courses of focus; contact us if you need help with a course not listed and we will try to accommodate your needs. Please note any comments in the list below before visiting for help.
Students without a UNO parking pass may use the visitor parking lot in front of the main entrance to PKI; this parking is currently limited to one hour. Additionally, parking is open and requires no permit on Saturdays. Other options for day passes or non-regulated parking can be found on the UNO Parking website.
- INFO 1003 - Introduction to Computer Programming (Note: Call ahead to make sure a Python-capable tutor will be there.)
- INFO 1311 - Web Development
- INFO 1521 - Java I
- INFO 1531 - Java II