School of H&K Undergraduate Internships
Internships are required for every Exercise Science, Public Health, and Recreation Administration student. Students will complete a one semester internship that requires a minimum of 300 hours before earning their degree. Our program allows students to gain real world work experience with top health and wellness professionals. The School of H&K has partnerships with several businesses and agencies in and outside the Omaha Metro that will prepare them with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in their future occupation. Our internships cover many career fields:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Corporate Wellness
- Fitness & Wellness Management
- Allied Health Fields
- Strength & Conditioning
- Health Communication & Education
- Infectious Disease
- Maternal & Child Health
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Public Safety
- Public Health Administration & Leadership
- Camp Director
- Community Center Coordinator
- Outdoor Recreation Leader
- Recreation Worker
- Sports Administration
Informational Internship Sessions
- Mandatory informational internship sessions take place during September and February. Students who plan to do their internship in the Spring or Summer should attend the September session and students who plan to do their internship in the Fall should attend the February session. Announcements about dates and times will be made via email and will be posted throughout the H&K building.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.