Meet the Executive Director
Dr. Martha Bruckner returned to UNO in 2017 as Executive Director of the MOEC Collective Impact Initiative, a role designed to guide improvement of education P-16 in the Omaha-metro area. Dr. Bruckner was most recently Superintendent of Council Bluffs Schools from 2007-2016. She worked previously in the Ralston and Millard school districts in addition to eight years as a faculty member and Chair of the Educational Leadership Department in UNO's College of Education.
MOEC is directed by an executive steering committee comprised of:
- Superintendents of the Omaha-area public school districts;
- Administrators of two educational service units;
- the Presidents of Iowa Western Community College and Metropolitan Community College;
- and the Dean of UNO's College of Education, Dr. Nancy Edick.
Task forces are created to work on high priority issues common to member organizations:
- Assessment Task Force
- Baseline Data Work Group
- Curriculum & Instruction Task Force
- Mathematics Work Group
- Human Resources Task Force
- Professional Learning Task Force
- Student Services Task Force
- FAFSA Work Group
- Safety Work Group
- Transportation Work Group
- Technology Task Force
Our Rules of Engagement / Norms
- We will approach our work diligently since the future of public education depends on our success.
- Our work will be relevant and meaningful to all we serve.
- We will come to each meeting ready to discuss progress and results.
- We will embrace vulnerability and take risks to build and maintain trust.
- We will be curious before critical.
- Our goal will be progress not perfection.
- We will expect, collect, and react to ongoing feedback related to our work.
- We will commit resources to accomplish our goals.
- When we reach conflict, we will strive for progress rather than impasse.
- We will value the past and focus on the future.