Career Opportunities for Sociology Majors
By nature, Liberal Arts majors make great employees in any field because of their ability to communicate effectively, think critically and solve complex problems. These timeless skills make them attractive to employers in all walks of society.
Specifically though, Sociology majors often pursue careers as:
- Family and Social Services Program Support Specialist
- Business Management and Leadership
- Marketing Analysis and Research
- Survey Research Analyst
- Health and Human Services Advocate
- Health Care Administration
- Nonprofit Organizational Administration
- Law Enforcement
When the Sociology major is matched with complementary minors and thoughtful internships, new possibilities arise. A few examples are:
- Sociology + marketing = advertising
- Sociology + gerontology = Nursing Home Coordinator
- Sociology + criminal justice = Corrections Officer, Probation/Parole Officer
- Sociology + business = Industry jobs of all types
- Sociology + political science = Congressional Aide
- Sociology + English = Technical Writer
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.