- What is a Non-Degree/Visiting Student?
- Important Things to Know About the Non-Degree Option
- The Admissions Process
- After You Apply
- What's Next?
You are a a Non-Degree/Visiting student if you are not currently pursuing a degree at UNO but are interested in taking one or more courses during a semester at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO). If this does not describe you, please go back and select a different student type.
- Immunization records are required of ALL students born after January 1, 1957,before they are able to register for classes.
- Non-Degree students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Non-Degree students wishing to enroll in a class with pre-requisites or GPA requirements must contact the department offering the class to confirm requirements have been satisfied.
- A schedule of the various classes offered during a specific semester and their prerequisites is available online: Class Search
- Non-Degree students wishing to change to a degree-seeking program must re-apply for admission to a degree program and meet all admission requirements and deadlines.
- Non-Degree students are not assigned an academic advisor. However, if a student wishes to speak with an advisor, they may contact Academic & Career Development Center (ACDC) at 402.554.2409.
- Students register during OPEN REGISTRATION via MavLINK using their NU ID and password established during the application process: https://mavlink.unomaha.edu
Applications will be reviewed once we receive all official documents needed to complete your file.
1. Complete an Application
- Apply to UNO
- To complete an application, you will need to provide your mailing address, date of birth, and a valid email address.
- Provide your current legal name as it appears on your birth certificate, drivers license or social security card. In addition, providing your social security number on your application is recommended if you are applying for financial aid.
2. Pay the Application Fee
A $45 application fee is required for all new First-Year, Transfer, and Non-Degree/Visiting student applicants and must be paid when the application is submitted.
- The application fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee admission or enrollment in any specific classes. If you have previously enrolled as an undergraduate student on any University of Nebraska system campus, the application fee is not required.
- Pay online or by mail
- Undergraduate Application Fee waivers are available to applicants who meet specific conditions. For more information, please review our Application Fee Waiver Policy which is available on our Forms, Policies, and Conditions page under the policy section.
Undergraduate application submission deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester - August 1
- Spring Semester - December 1
- Summer Semester - June 1
You will start receiving information from the admissions office. If you have not received any communication within one week, please contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
- Set up your MavLINK and check your admission status on MavLINK.
- Submit your immunization records to UNO Health Services.
After you're admitted to UNO, there are a few steps you can take to make it official: