You are a Non-Degree/Visiting student if:
You are not currently pursuing a degree at UNO but are interested in taking one or more courses during a semester at the University of Nebraska Omaha. If this does not describe you, please go back and select a different student type.
Important things to know about the Non-Degree option:
- Immunization records are required of ALL students born after January 1, 1957, before they are able to register for classes.
- Non-Degree students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Non-Degree students wishing to enroll in a class with pre-requisites or GPA requirements must contact the department offering the class to confirm requirements have been satisfied.
- A schedule of the various classes offered during a specific semester and their prerequisites is available online: https://ebruno.unomaha.edu/schedule/
- Non-Degree students wishing to change to a degree-seeking program must re-apply for admission to a degree program and meet all admission requirements and deadlines.
- Non-Degree students are not assigned an academic advisor. However, if a student wishes to speak with an advisor, they may contact University Division at 402.554.2409.
- Students register during OPEN REGISTRATION via mavlink using their NU ID and password established during the application process: https://mavlink.unomaha.edu
The Admission Process
- Apply to UNO
- To complete an application, you will need to provide your mailing address, date of birth, and a valid email address.
- Provide your current legal name as it appears on your birth certificate, drivers license or social security card.
A $45 application fee is required for all new Freshman, Transfer, and Non-Degree/Visiting student applicants and must be paid when the application is submitted.
- The application fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee admission or enrollment in any specific classes. If you have previously enrolled as an undergraduate student on any University of Nebraska system campus, the application fee is not required.
- Pay online or by mail
- Undergraduate Application Fee waivers are available to applicants who meet specific conditions. For more information, please review our Application Fee Waiver Policy which is available in our Forms, Policies, and Conditions page under the policy section.
Applications will be reviewed once we receive all official documents needed to complete your file.
Undergraduate Application Submission Deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester – August 1
- Spring Semester – December 1
- Summer Semester – June 1
After You Apply
You will start receiving information from the admissions office. If you have not received any communication within one week, please contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
- Set up your mavlink account and check your admission status on mavlink.
- Submit your Immunization records to Student Health Services
After you're admitted to UNO, there are a few steps you can take to make it official:
- Set up your mavlink account if you have not already done so. You will use your mavlink account to register for classes during open registration.
- Activate your UNO gmav email account.
- Submit Immunization records to UNO Health Services