Resources for Families & Students
Preparing for College
- EducationQuest Foundation: A nonprofit organization with a mission to improve access to higher education in Nebraska, EducationQuest provides free college planning services, need-based scholarship programs, and more.
- ACT College Planning Resources: View a library of articles and resources designed to help you envision your student's path to college!
- CollegeBoard's Resources for Parents: Stay on track with action plans and review helpful materials encompassing paying for college.
- Taking the ACT Test: Help your student plan and prepare for the ACT.
- CollegeBoard Informacion para los Padres de Familia: Revise los planes de acción y los materiales útiles que explican cómo pagar la universidad.
- Recursos acerca del examen 'ACT': Ayude a su estudiante a planificar y prepararse para el ACT.
Becoming a Mav
- Visit Campus: Plan your campus visit to see all that UNO has to offer. Families are invited to schedule a Virtual Visit today!
- Undergraduate Admissions: Ready to apply to UNO? Stop by the Undergraduate Admissions website for the admissions process and deadlines and admissions representative contact information.
- Mav Athletics: Keep up with UNO's athletic teams and discover resources for student-athletes!
- UNO Financial Support and Scholarships: Visit this webpage for information on filling out the FAFSA and instructions for applying for financial aid.
Getting Started at UNO
- Cashiering & Student Accounts: Family members can set up guest access to their student's account and find information on billing and payment options.
- UNO Housing: Is your student interested in living on campus? Explore UNO's housing options and learn about the on-campus living experience.
- UNO Health Requirements: New students need to complete the Pre-Enrollment Health Requirement. Learn how to submit immunization records and more.
- UNO Bookstore: Rent or buy your students' textbooks and stock up on Mav swag!
- MAVCARD Services: Your MavCARD is your official UNO ID card. New students can find instructions for getting one online.
- Placement Exams: Help your student navigate the testing process.
- New Student Orientation: All students complete orientation to prepare for their start at UNO. They will receive email communications when their orientation registration is open!
- Family Orientation: Family members are encouraged to participate in the Family Orientation to help their student transition to life as a Maverick.
On-Campus Resources for Your Student
- UNO Public Safety: The UNO Department of Public Safety is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by security officers and sworn police officers.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): Licensed Mental Health Practitioners provide programs and counseling services that assist students in maximizing their potential while at UNO.
- Nebraska Medicine UNO Health Center: With a variety of on-campus services, the Health Center helps keep Mavericks healthy.
- Student Organizations and Leadership Programs: Organizations on campus suit the diverse interests of students and are a great way to get involved and make new connections!
- Student Employment: Learn about work-study and student worker opportunities, and search for available positions.
- New Student Welcome Guide: Download your complete guide to helpful resources at UNO!
Policies and Procedures
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA): The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a federal law that gives protection to student educational records and provides students with certain rights. Read about students' rights and associated FERPA restrictions.
- Ombuds Services: Ombuds Services is a resource for any member of the UNO community with a university-related problem or conflict.