Cutting Edge Technology to Enhance Learning
Technology Resources Available to Geology and Geography Students
- Two dedicated computer labs that are shared with Geography (see Geography page for more detailed information).
- Rigaku Mini-flex X-ray diffractometer with computer hookup and software for precise mineral identification
- 12 channel seismic reflection/refraction survey system
- Laser theodelite for precise surveying/mapping
- GPS satellite surveying equipment
- 12'-long stream table for fluvial studies
- Thin section and rock prep laboratory, including saws, grinders, and polishers
- Nikon research petrographic microscope with digital photo set-up
- Extensive rock and mineral sample collections
- Varian ICPMS for trace element geochemistry with microwave sample digestion apparatus, shared with the Chemistry Department
- Teaching/student binocular microscopes and petrographic microscopes
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.