What is a UNO Ambassador?
The UNO Ambassadors’ primary roles include giving campus tours, facilitating Enrollment Day sessions, and serving as the official student representatives of the university at a variety of social and business functions.
They are also used as information experts, act as role models to new students, support Academic Advising, and assist with First-Year Experience.
Ambassadors are available to work events like:
- Recruitment open houses
If it is less than 7 days before your event, please call 402.554.2677. In addition, we require a minimum of 48-hour notice of changes.
Benefits of Being a UNO Ambassador
Serving as a UNO Ambassador provides students the opportunity to develop as a leader through the following experiences:
- Access to leadership and professional skill development workshops
- Presenting to students, families, and other UNO groups
- Representation of the University at a variety of campus activities and events
- Recruitment and selection of future UNO Ambassadors
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
Qualifications of a UNO Ambassador
We are looking for students who:
- Have a positive attitude
- Take initiative
- Pay attention to detail
- Are assertively friendly
- Value teamwork
- Are committed to excellence
- Have a passion for UNO
Applying to be a UNO Ambassador
If the above qualifications sound like you, make sure to complete all steps of the application process.
- Attend a Team Maverick Recruitment Session. Dates and times are available on the Team Maverick Website.
- Submit your application for the position through Handshake. The position can be found by clicking on “Search Jobs” on the top of the page.
- Complete all Team Maverick requirements.
- Schedule and attend an individual interview. Hiring takes place at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
Room For Growth: Ambassador Student Coordinators
Promotion and advancement opportunities to the level of Ambassador Student Coordinator are available to UNO Ambassadors who demonstrate leadership abilities and commitment to New Student and Family Programs.
These dedicated leaders are responsible for the following areas:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Office Support