What is a UNO Ambassador?
The UNO Ambassadors’ primary roles include giving campus tours, facilitating New Student, Transfer and Family Orientation sessions, and serving as the official student representatives of the University at a variety of social and business functions. They are also utilized as information experts, act as role models to new students, support Academic Advising and assist with First Year Experience.
Ambassadors are available to work events such as receptions, dinners, recruitment open houses, tours, seminars, and commencement.
To hire Ambassadors, please complete and submit a UNO Ambassador Request form at least 7 days prior to your event. Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Maverick Landing.
If it is less than 7 days before your event, please call (402)554-2677. In addition, we require a minimum of 48-hour notice of changes.
Becoming a UNO Ambassador
Benefits of Being a UNO Ambassador
- Access to leadership and professional skill development workshops
- Presenting to students, families, and other UNO groups
- Representation of the University at a variety of campus activities and events
- Recruitment and selection of future UNO Ambassadors
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
Qualifications of a UNO Ambassador
We are looking for student who:
- Have a positive attitude
- Take initiative
- Pay attention to detail
- Are assertively friendly
- Value teamwork
- Are committed to excellence
- Have a passion for UNO
Applying to be a UNO Ambassador
If the above qualifications sounds like you, make sure to complete all steps of the application process.
- Attend a Team Maverick Recruitment Session. Dates and times are available on the Team Maverick MavSYNC portal.
- Submit your application for the position through Human Resources. The position can be found by clicking on “Search Job Openings” on the left side of the page.
- Complete the MavSYNC form. The form will be sent to you upon attending a Recruitment Session.
- Schedule and attend an individual interview. Hiring takes place at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
Room For Growth: Ambassador Student Coordinators
Promotion and advancement opportunities to the level of Ambassador Student Coordinator are available to UNO Ambassadors who demonstrate leadership abilities and commitment to New Student and Family Programs.
These dedicated leaders are responsible for the following areas:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Office Support
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.