The application for the 2019 freshman cohort will open November 1, 2018.
However, you can begin prepping your application now by creating a cover letter and resume. Scroll to the bottom of the page for tips.
How do I apply?
Incoming freshmen applying to the CBA Scholars Academy must first be admitted to the UNO College of Business Administration.
To access and complete the Scholars Academy application:
- Sign into AcademicWorks, the University’s scholarship management system. (Note: You must first be admitted to the College of Business Administration to access the application.)
- Complete and submit the General Application Questions for university-wide scholarships.
- Complete and submit the College of Business Administration questions for CBA scholarships. (You will be automatically redirected here.)
- Check "yes" on the question "Would you like to be considered for the CBA Scholars Academy?"
What's on the application?
The selection committee looks for candidates who demonstrate commitment, passion, character, generosity, initiative, and academic excellence – exemplified by:
- A cover letter to introduce the applicant and share why their experiences, interests, and passions will make them a good fit for the Academy.
- A résumé showing commitment to the applicant’s community and school through volunteer service and extracurricular activities
Three letters of reference to endorse the applicant’s teamwork and leadership skills
I've submitted my application. What's next?
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email within two business days from the CBA Scholars Academy.
The selection committee will begin reviewing applications after the February 1 deadline. The top 40 applicants will be invited to Interview Day – the final step in the selection process – by February 22. Interview Day will be on Friday, March 1, 2019.
What should my cover letter and resume look like?
Your cover letter should be a single-page, professional, clear, concise, showcase your skills and qualifications, and convincing that offering you admission to the Academy will be a good investment. For examples and tips on how to make a good cover letter, visit here (page 26-27), here, and here.Your resume should showcase your scholastic distinctions, school service, community service, internships, employment, volunteer positions, organizations, offices held, sports, scholarships, awards, and/or other activities in which you have been involved during high school. Include any leadership or special recognition you have experienced. For examples and tips on how to make a good resume, visit here (pages 16-20), here, or here.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.