How do I apply?
Incoming freshmen applying to the CBA Scholars Academy must first be admitted to the UNO College of Business Administration.
To access and complete the Scholars Academy application:
- Sign into AcademicWorks, the University’s scholarship management system. (Note: You must first be admitted to the College of Business Administration to access the application.)
- Complete and submit the General Application Questions for university-wide scholarships.
- After completing the General Application Questions, you will be automatically directed to the College of Business Administration questions for CBA scholarships.
- The final question on the College of Business Administration questions is "Would you like to be considered for the CBA Scholars Academy?" Click yes, and you will be considered for the Academy!
What's on the application?
The selection committee looks for candidates who demonstrate commitment, passion, character, generosity, initiative, and academic excellence – exemplified by:
- A cover letter to introduce the applicant and share why their experiences, interests, and passions will make them a good fit for the Academy.
- A résumé showing commitment to the applicant’s community and school through volunteer service and extracurricular activities
I've submitted my application. What's next?
The selection committee will begin reviewing applications after the January 15 priority deadline. No applications will be accepted after the March 1 final deadline. The top 40 applicants will be invited to Interview Day – the final step in the selection process. Interview Day will be on Friday, March 25, 2022.
What should my cover letter and resume look like?
Your cover letter should be a single-page, professional, clear, concise, showcase your skills and qualifications, and convincing that offering you admission to the Academy will be a good investment. For examples and tips on how to make a good cover letter, visit here (page 26-27), here, and here.Your resume should showcase your scholastic distinctions, school service, community service, internships, employment, volunteer positions, organizations, offices held, sports, scholarships, awards, and/or other activities in which you have been involved during high school. Include any leadership or special recognition you have experienced. For examples and tips on how to make a good resume, visit here (pages 16-20), here, or here.