During the selection process, the committee looks for incoming freshmen who would most likely demonstrate the following traits if chosen:
- CBA Scholars are committed to their educations and put forth their best work in the classroom, challenging themselves while expanding their knowledge
- They are committed to their futures and make those investments now.
- CBA Scholars are committed to each other and participate enthusiastically in the program.
- Passion is giving more than what it is required. Different individuals carry their passion differently; sometimes it’s loud, sometimes it’s not. No matter the style, it means going the extra mile.
- Scholars want to make the world a better place, not just for themselves but for others as well.
- Because others believe in the program and make investments in it, CBA Scholars are given many perks – including scholarships, mentorship, and other unique opportunities. Scholars are expected to pay-it-forward by being generous with their time and their talents.
- CBA Scholars are go-getters. They don’t wait for others to make their dreams a reality.