Career Opportunities for Neuroscience Majors
By nature, Liberal Arts majors make great employees in any field because of their ability to communicate effectively, think critically and solve complex problems. These timeless skills make them attractive to employers in all walks of society. Specifically though, Neuroscience majors often pursue careers in:
- Government Agencies
- Health Care
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Research & Development
When the Neuroscience major is matched with complementary minors and thoughtful internships, new possibilities arise. A few examples are:
- Neuroscience + English = Science Writer
- Neuroscience + computer science = High-tech research and development
- Neuroscience + marketing = Marketing consultant for industry
- Neuroscience + business = industry jobs of all types
- Neuroscience + medical school = Neurologist, Neurospsychologist, Neurosugeon, Psychiatrist
- Neuroscience + law school = expert witness/testimony in legal context
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.