Using Zoom for Online Tutoring
How to Access Zoom
- Click Sign in and use your UNO NetID (e.g.: jsmith) and associated password
- Students receive a FREE Basic license when they log in.
- The Zoom Download Center can be used to download the client applications, Outlook plugins and mobile versions of Zoom.
- Only the meeting organizer needs to have a Zoom account. Anyone can be invited and join the session without having to create a zoom account!
|Login to Zoom|
Contact Your Tutor via Email
MSLC has each tutor's contact information. Contact Dr. Richter-Egger at email@example.com to start. Be sure to introduce yourself and give them the following information:
- Subject you need help with
- Date/time you'd like to meet via Zoom during the tutor's available hours
- Questions you have (the tutor may be able to answer via email without a Zoom call)
A tutor cannot and is not required to tutor outside of their scheduled hours.
Your tutor will work with you if they are not available during the time you request.
For users of Outlook, installing the Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook lets you add a zoom meeting right to your Outlook meeting. Invitation information can also be copy/pasted directly into an email message.
Join a Meeting
If this is your first time using Zoom, follow the prompts on the screen.
You can watch this short video to learn more: